Monday, October 1, 2012

Caldwell

After John Floyd married Veola Belle they moved to Caldwell, Idaho. There Floyd had big, curly haired white faced cows, commonly called Herefords now. He grew wheat, sugar beets, and and grew his own hay. He rode his horse to check cattle and operated flood gates on the river to water his crops.

Floyd died in 1966, leaving behind his best friend and the woman he loved so dearly. Veola must have been heart broken. All of Floyd's stuff was sold, including his saddle and riding gear, which i would have loved to have. Veola died some time later however i cant remember the year.

I would haqve loved to know Floyd, i would have greatly enjoyed helping him on his ranch tending cattle and caring for the horses. I love listening to my grandma tell me stories of floyd and my other relatives. I hope someday that someone will be that interested in me as i am in floyds life and history. That i am intriguing in my life so that my great great grandchildren enjoy learning about my life!

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool that your family has a background like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your family has really been all over the country! That must make it a little harder to do your research.

    ReplyDelete